I have been reading around the web about GTD's philosophy of task management. Misty has a whole series here on how to implement GTD for homeschoolers. I don't think she mentions it but I quite like an idea I came across of using a trigger list in my weekly review time so that I can make the next week better.
Here is mine.
Trigger List for Weekly Review
Week in Review
1. Which area of the house was looked after well this week? Who did the work mostly? Why did that work? Can someone else help?
2. Which area of house needs urgent attention? What 15 minute job there would help it most? Who can do it? When?
3. Which are of the house needs attention as a second priority? What 15 minute job there would help it most? Who can do it? When?
4. Which area of house was missed this week? Does it keep getting missed? Why? Who can do the work? What needs to happen first? When will that happen? What needs to happen before that? Who will do that? When?
5. What routines worked this week? What parts of the routines fell apart? Why? Does anything need to happen to make the routine work better? Who is going to do it? When?
1. What subjects were most consistently done? Why was this subject a success? What helped them to go well? Remember to repeat the actions associated with this success.
2. What subject/s was missed this week? Does it keep getting missed? Why? What needs to happen first? When is it going to be done? By who?
1. Were we prepared for planned events? What worked? What was missed? What can we do so that we are better prepared next time?
Events coming up -
What needs to happen before? Who needs to do it? When are they going to do it?